Thursday, March 19, 2009

I wish my eyes were a camera

I found myself saying this phrase throughout the entire trip to Columbia. Myself an avid people watcher, New York City is one of my favorite places in the world. Simply taking the subway everywhere was one of my absolute favorite things. If I had my way, I would ride up and down the lines for hours until I needed some fresh air.

Helvetica? I think so.

The main reason I wish my eyes were a camera, however, is Wednesday night.


After our first day of treking across Columbia University and dinner at Ollie's Noodle Shop, our group filed into the lobby of the Pennsylvanian Hotel, amongst many foreign tourists and the like. Since the elevator situation is basically first come first serve, Ari, Liz S., and myself pushed our way into a croweded car of drunk Scottish men. Before the doors even close, a pale skinny man starts stripping himself of his shirt! Maybe I need to repeat this for you slow readers or skimmers.


HE STARTED STRIPPING, BEAR NAKED.


I am telling you, this man wasted absolutely no time. Since all of us were getting off at the third floor, in less than 30 seconds, he was wearing a birthday suit. He then started to push toward Ari, myself, and another young man behind Ari, who was just caught in this crazy elevator with these crazy people. When we finally got to the third floor, we all stumbled off, the former pantless man now wearing his jeans, laughing hysterically.

I guess you can never tell with some people. One moment you think they are cute foreign tourists, the next, they are stripping in your elevator.

P.S. We met Tim Gunn. Lyke zOMG.

1 comment: