Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Conflicted

After reading the article, I am a bit conflicted. Do not get me wrong, I am an avid Internet user. Research for a paper? Google. Article for my AP Psych Class? Internet. I hardly ever venture to a library anymore. Sad, but true. However, I am a fan of newspapers. Nothing quite gets me like the sound of the papers rustling, and all the fresh, local news that my eyes are about to set on. So, I really would like to do whatever possible to keep newspapers alive. I love reading printed materials. Whether it is newspapers, magazines, or even books, sometimes the internet cannot even compare. Let's be honest, who wants to sit at a computer all day, reading pages and pages of news? I know that I would rather have something printed, that I can hold in my hands.

That being said, I am not in total agreement with the endowments the article talks about. If a newspaper is not allowed to print information about upcoming elections and politics, what is the point? If a newspaper cannot voice their opinion, then is it defeating the purpose of the paper?

As you can see, there is no solution to this problem. The only conclusion I have come to is that in the end, not everyone will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment